Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, December 12, 2005

Oncologist appointment Tuesday, December 13

Thanks to God, Chuck and friends, we have an appointment with Dr. James Boyd, oncologist, here in Charlotte. He's the one we most wanted to see--and it had looked like a wait of several weeks. I'll see him Tuesday morning at 8:30.

Since the C-T did not reveal the initial location of the cancer, I don't anticipate any clear plan of action until further tests to find out what kind of cancer it is.

Karin and her children (Gavin 13 and Calli 11) are driving from Indiana today and will be with us for about a week. On Friday, 16th, Sue and her two youngest boys (Justin 20 and Jeremy 18) are coming, and they also will be here nearly a week. Can you imagine a better way to cheer and encourage a mom/grandma?

This year I put up extra ribbons for displaying cards. The Christmas cards and the cheer-up cards are going up together. That's the reality this year. Heartfelt thanks to all who have sent such encouraging e-mails. I'd love to answer each one.

Last evening we went to see the local Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden. The garden paths are beautifully lighted for Christmas. Inside, we heard a marvelous concert by the St Stephens AME Church choir. The last song was "Jesus, You're the Center of my Joy." I woke up with that song singing in my mind this morning. The entire concert was better than medicine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home