Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, January 02, 2006

Monday morning

I appreciate you so much--you special friends who "hit" this spot regularly to see how things are going. Your love and prayers mean more than I could ever say!

Yesterday was gorgeous, and I enjoyed my walk outdoors, as well as a few short visits with healthy friends. Lack of lung capacity helps me listen more and talk less. (Now that's a switch!)

This morning it seems my breathing is no worse than yesterday morning. Typically each day grows more difficult. Tomorrow morning (Tuesday) we'll need wisdom to know whether to keep that appointment at radiology (25 miles north of here) for the fifth thoracentesis, or to cancel it and see how things develop. I don't find the procedure painful, but it carries some risk each time.

Please pray for Chuck; caregiving is tiring. Thanks.

Someone asked what symptoms led to my diagnosis. If you're interested, read on. If not, quit now. It was the cough and shortness of breath that drove me to the doctor again and again. But there was another sign, one I was even aware of, that should have helped us suspect ovarian cancer many months ago. That symptom is an extreme fullness in the lower abdomen. I was trying so hard to take off some pounds, and instead my clothes kept getting tighter. Girlfriends, be warned! There's also a blood test (CA 125) that I was aware of, but most doctors still don't include it in check-ups, and cockeyed optimist that I am, I never went after it on my own. Mine isn't actually ovarian, but rather peritoneal. It resembles ovarian and is treated the same. Thanks for asking and caring.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home