Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Optional: Words of Encouragement

On Sunday morning I offered to send a copy of the many encouraging Bible verses and other words from friends to anyone who requests by e-mail. Today I'll respond to all who did so, but I just thought I'd put the document here in case others of you are also interested:

Words of Encouragement from God and Friends
(only a few of the many treasured messages received)

“Your path led through the sea, Your way through the mighty waters, though your footprints were not seen. You led your people like a flock.” Psalm 77:19,20 (from Joan and Homer) “We may not see His ‘footprints in the sand,’ because we are out in deep water in the midst of the storm, but He is there. I grew up where the daily tides were the highest in the world, and I had great awe and fear of those waters. On a calm day it was beautiful, but during the storms the sea was frightful. We are praying that God will lead you through this difficult time.”

“I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being.” Ephesians 3:16 (from Bea & Max)

“I thank God for every remembrance of you, always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you.” Philippians 1:3,4 (from Andrea and Roger)

“O God, You have taught me from my youth; and to this day I declare your wondrous works. Now also when I am old and gray headed, O God, do not forsake me, until I declare Your strength to this generation, Your power to everyone who is to come. Also Your righteousness, O God, is very high, You who have done great things; O God, who is like You? You, who have shown me great and severe troubles, shall revive me again, and bring me up again from the depths of the earth…You shall comfort me on every side.” Psalm 71:17-21 (from Carol and Ralph)

“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God…you are precious and honored in my sight, and…I love you…” Isaiah 43:2-3 (from Dotsie and Gary)

“Although He died on the cross in weakness, He now lives by the mighty power of God. We, too, are weak, but we live in Him and have God’s power…” 2 Corinthians 13:4 (from Barbara)

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear.” Psalm 46:1,2 (from Jeanne) Ever since learning of your illness my prayers have been for God to make His Presence very near to you both, knowing He will hold both your hands as He walks with you, bringing you His fresh peace and love for each day’s needs.

“When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.” Psalm 61:2 (from Doris and Bob) When our vision is clouded by circumstance, God sees clearly. When our understanding is shadowed by questions, God knows perfectly. When our path is shaded with uncertainty, God leads faithfully.

“You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, whose thoughts are fixed on You! Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.” Isaiah 26:3,4 (from Elsie and Clarence) As you wait upon the Lord, you learn to see things from His perspective, move at His pace, and function under His direction.
Waiting times are growing times and learning times.
As you quiet your heart, you enter His peace; as you sense your weakness, you receive His strength; as you lay down your will, you hear His calling; when you mount up, you are being lifted by the wind of His Spirit. When you move ahead, you are sensitive to His timing. When you act, you give yourself only to the things He has asked you to do. (quoting Roy Lessin)

“Thanks for creating the blog to allow us to pray intelligently, even though that only helps us—not God, who already knows all of the needs.” (from Roberta)

“Oh, the depth of the riches, both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments, and His ways past finding out! For of Him, and through Him, and to Him are all things; to whom be glory forever. Amen.” Romans 11:33-36 (from Mary and Dave)

“For Your unfailing love is higher than the heavens, Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.” Psalm 108:4 (from Gerry and Jim)

“He reached down from heaven and rescued me; He drew me out of deep waters. He led me to a place of safety, He rescued me because He delights in me.” 2 Samuel 22: 17-20 (from Tim)

“Breathe on me, Breath of God. Fill me with life anew. That I may love what Thou dost love. And do what Thou wouldst do. Breathe on me, Breath of God. Until my heart is pure. Until with Thee I will one will—to do and to endure. “ (from Carol and Steve)

“I pray that you will experience the loving embrace of Jesus and will rest in His arms. Lock your eyes on His face and know in your heart that He will never let you go.” (from Sara)

“Nearer my God to Thee, Nearer to Thee, Even though it be a cross that raises me.” May God wrap His all-sufficient arms around you and draw you closer than you knew you could be—as you and He do battle together. (from Gretchen & Dick) Also: “If this obstacle is from You, Lord, I accept it. If it is from the devil I refuse it and all his works in Christ’s name.” (Isobel Kuhn)

“Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord, for our hope is in You alone.” Psalm 33:23 (from Donna, Stuart and Rachel) Also: “Our hope in difficult times is not based on positive thinking, wishful thinking, or natural optimism. It is a certainty based on the truths that God is in complete control of our universe and He loves us.” (quoting Rick Warren) “May you find hope in knowing that the Lord is in control of your life and is tenderly taking care of you, and may you find rest in His great, unending love for you.”

“I have never stopped thanking God for you. I pray for you constantly, asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you might grow in your knowledge of God. I pray that your heart will be flooded with light so that you can understand the wonderful future He has promised to those He called. I want you to realize what a rich and glorious inheritance He has given to His people.” Ephesians 1:16-18 (from Sylvia and Dick)

“The eternal God is your refuge, and His everlasting arms are under you.” Deuteronomy 33:27a (from Maxine H and Marge & Gordon)

Suggestion to read Randy Alcorn’s Heaven (from Julie)

“He will preserve your going out and coming in from this day forth and forevermore”—and so He will! (from Nancy B)

“Jesus, Your Name is healing!” (from Rosalie—walking around her house singing this song at the top of her voice)

“So He will do for me all He has planned. He controls my destiny.” Job 23:14 (from Maxine & Charles)

“As for God, His way is perfect. All the Lord’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to Him for protection.” Psalm 18:30 (from Lisa B)

(from Mona & Ed) “By friendship you mean the greatest love, the greatest usefulness, the most open communication, the noblest sufferings, the severest truth, the heartiest counsel, and the greatest union of minds of which brave men and women are capable.” (Jeremy Taylor
“God stirs up our comfortable nests, and pushes us over the edge of them, and we are forced to use our wings to save ourselves from fatal falling. Read your trials in this light, and see if you wings are being developed.” (Hannah Whitall Smith)
“I think that sometimes we miss out on the hope that God has for us because we insist on finding it where we want to find it—in the form that we want to find it—instead of opening our minds and our hearts to receive it as God wants to give it.” (Emilie Barnes)

“But I am trusting You, O Lord, saying, ‘You are my God!’ My future is in Your hands.” Psalm 31:14,15a (from Lois and Walt)

“Of course we will pray for healing. But maybe this means that you’ll get to see Jesus sooner than anticipated.” (from Judy) How I appreciate her not fearing to mention the possibility of death!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home