Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, May 01, 2015

Mastering Life

I find it quite amazing how certain Scripture passages “pop” into my mind that may not seem to apply to my life at the moment, and then I have a huge ah-ha moment seeing how it does most definitely apply.  Recently we had author and speaker, Robert Morgan, at the village and were tremendously blessed by his messages.  A statement that he made that I have found to be so true was; “To master life we must know the Master Himself and gain mastery of His Word.”  A passage that has frequently come to mind regarding my responsibility, is from second Chronicles following the Solomon’s dedication of the temple:

“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin…” (2 Chronicles 7:14)

While this was actually directed to the nation at that time, I feel that it directly applies to individuals that are believers in Christ.  If MY PEOPLE…!  Granted, it does not apply to everyone but may even benefit non-believers.  The more I read and meditate upon God’s Word, it is clear that humility is a quality that God values highly.  Sharing every hurt and desire with God (prayer) is extremely important.  God is not only in control of things around us, but he also will adjust out thinking and beliefs to align with Him as we pray and seek his face.  Obviously sin is a huge stumbling block for each of us, even if we have difficulty seeing it or believing that we too are participating in wrong motives and/or actions which are in opposition to His will.  I have begun a study for myself reviewing each portion of that Scripture dealing with the four points…Humility/pride, prayer, study of His word and evaluating my life, asking the Holy Spirit to illuminate areas of unrecognized sin that I am harboring.

Presently I am back in Indiana where I will be attending Gavin’s graduation from Bethel College on Saturday.  On Sunday, he will be flying to Alaska with two college buddies to spend the summer working on a salmon fishing boat for the summer to earn some extra dollars to apply to his upcoming medical school expenses.  He is excited about the opportunity while being aware of the long hours and hard work.  He is also looking forward to the challenge of living without access to the internet and some of the “crutches” that are available to him currently.  I am thankful to be able to be here for his send-off.

Have a blessed weekend!


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home