Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, February 27, 2015

Everlasting Love


This is one of the photos that I took of a sunrise while in the Bahamas.  Every morning it was a great reminder of an exciting new day filled with God’s blessings because of his everlasting love (hesed) that is recited so many times throughout the Scriptures, as by faith we are obedient to Him.

As I am coming close to the end of the book of Deuteronomy I have enjoyed many wonderful insights from it.  Moses certainly was human and suffered consequences from his disobedience by not being able to enter the Promised Land.  However he did not brood or become angry, but accepted God’s action without argument, continuing to carry out God’s plan allowing Him to working through his life.  What an example!

Deuteronomy 30:11-20 is a good reminder of three things that God looks for in each of our lives today.  He gives us the option to obey or not, which in turn results in life and prosperity or death and destruction. (vs. 15)  Those three listed are to; “love the Lord your God,” “walk in obedience to him,” and “keep his commands, decrees and laws.” (vs. 16)  I am certainly glad to be living in New Testament times after Jesus came into the world to give his life for us then placing his Holy Spirit into our hearts to give us guidance and direction moment by moment, if we stay in tune with Him.

Tomorrow I will be joining part of my family at Hilton Head for a week.  They have invited the whole family but I know that job responsibilities will prevent some from joining us.  I am thankful for my loving family and the health and strength to continue to spend time with them despite the many miles between us.

Have a blessed week end,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home