Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Best

This is the long-hoped for, long-dreaded day. It seems the cancer had gone so far and caused so many problems that we simply must try to drive it out. But I'm so aware of the possible effects of chemo. Also aware that sometimes it doesn't work. I said in the beginning that we are safe in God's hands, and so we are! Nevertheless, I'm facing today with a mixture of feelings. A friend sent this quote from C.S. Lewis: "We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us. We are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." I guess that's it.

You are so dear to be still reading and praying along with us after all these weeks, when I know there's so much going on in your lives too, so I want to thank you.

I can feel the congestion on my left lung, but I slept very well last night.

Joshua William Slager was born at 3:08 Central time this morning, and all 3 members of the family are doing well. What a gift from God! Our daughter Sue is a very beautiful grandmother.

Love,
Carol and Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home