Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Glorious Morning

Dear friends,

This morning I awakened with the strong feeling that God, in answer to your loving prayers, had carried me through the night in perfect comfort! I feel rested, with no nausea or any of the other symptoms I'm trying to remember to watch for. (That one I wouldn't need to "remember to watch for," of course.) Thanks to you all.

May I quote a prayer from a book, "31 Days of Praise," which a friend sent as soon as she heard of my cancer? I return to it again and again.
"I praise You for Your sovereignty over the brod events of my life and over the details. With You, nothing is accidental, nothing is incidental, and no experience is wasted. You hold in Your own power my breath of life and all my destiny. And every trial that You allow to happen is a platform on which You reveal Yourself, showing Your love and power, both to me and to others looking on. Thank You that I can move into the future nondefensively, with hands outstretched to whatever lies ahead, for You hold the future and You will always be with me, even to my old age...and through all eternity."

Incidentally, I want to give lots of credit for my wellbeing to my wonderful doctors and nurses. The very fact that we were able so quickly to get into their busy schedules is itself an answer to prayer.

Family updates: Daughter Sue will probably fly out on Friday, in order to go cuddle little Joshua. That same day her younger sons Justin and Jeremy, and possibly Justin's friend Lora will drive down to spend a couple of days encouraging us and making us laugh. Jeremy strongly desires to spend part of next year in Africa, and we're trying to network some opportunities for him. I wonder if you'd be willing to pray with us about that as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home