Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, December 09, 2006

O Come and Join the Dance

I 'll lead some carol singing for our office party on the 19th. Much as most of us love the old, traditional carols, I thought I'd look for one new thing, and I found this. The tune is very Celtic-sounding. We have a couple of outstanding dancers on our staff, and I hope they'll be willing to lead some dancers as the rest of us sing these words:

O come and join the dance that all began so long ago,
when Christ the Lord was born in Bethlehem.
Through all the years of darkness still the dance goes on and on,
oh, take my hand and come and join the song.

Come shed your heavy load and dance your worries all away,
for Christ the Lord was born in Bethlehem.
He came to break the power of sin and turn your night to day,
oh, take my hand and come and join the song.

Let laughter ring and angels sing and joy be all around,
for Christ the Lord was born in Bethlehem.
And if you seek with all your hearts He surely can be found,
oh, take my hand and come and join the song.

Rejoice! Rejoice! Rejoice! Rejoice! O lift your voice and sing,
and open up your heart to welcome Him.
Rejoice! Rejoice! Rejoice! Rejoice! and welcome now your King,
for Christ the Lord was born in Bethlehem.

Isn't it a beautiful invitation? What a great reason to dance and rejoice!

You may think this is silly, but I believe my lingering sense of "something is wrong" was due to the sickness of one of my daughters. She hadn't wanted to "bother me," and by the time I called her yesterday she was already much better. At once my own spirit lifted.

We're going to Greenville, South Carolina, this afternoon to visit dear friends , go to an opera ("Simeon") at Bob Jones University, and stay overnight. I may have to wait until Sunday afternoon to post a blog again. Have a wonderful morning of worship.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home