Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, May 25, 2007

Amazing!

Surprise! The new kemo isn't free of side effects after all. I found myself swallowing hard all day due to mild nausea, and by late afternoon I was wiped out. These are no big deal; I'm just hoping to be alert for the party Saturday afternoon.

My neighbor treated me to a most amazing sight. She and her sons have been babysitting our swallowtail larvae, and after several attempts she videotaped the final stage of the formation of a chrysalis. (The striped green caterpillar attaches itself to a stick with a fine thread and then it hangs there for several days, immobile and still green. Suddenly, in a 3-minute process of unbelievable effort, its papery brown shell splits its translucent skin and writhes itself free--dropping the spent skin in a tiny crumpled ball at the bottom of the stick.) We sat together and watched the miracle and worshiped the Creator. I have a copy of the short DVD, and if one of my grandsons will coach me to load it on you-tube, I'll let you know how to access it.

Psalm 145 (New Living Translation) is giving me words for worship these days. Please enjoy a few of them with me here:

Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise!
His greatness is beyond discovery!
Let each generation tell its children
of your mighty acts.
I will meditate on your majestic, glorious splendor
and your wonderful miracles.
Your awe-inspiring deeds will be on every tongue;
I will proclaim your greatness.
Everyone will share the story of your wonderful goodness;
they will sing with joy of your righteousness.
The Lord is kind and merciful,
slow to get angry, full of unfailing love.
. . . . .
The Lord is close to all who call on him,
yes, to all who call on him sincerely. (verses 3-8, 18)

I'll close with this invitation from verses 10-12:
... your faithful followers will bless you.
They will talk together about the glory of your kingdom,
they will celebrate examples of your power.
They will tell about your mighty deeds,
and about the majesty and glory of your reign.

Those would be great topics for conversation today! (The last few lines, by the way, express the goals of our work in the SIM international communication department. It's a privilege!)

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home