Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Treatment Decision

Dr. Boyd feels it's time to move on to a new treatment, since apparently the drug I've been taking by I-V these past few months is no longer effective. I'm now going to be taking an oral chemo drug, beginning Thursday morning. It's an old drug. God, of course, can heal with old or new drugs--or totally apart from drugs. I consider every day of feeling well to be a gift of healing.

On my way to the drugstore, I listened to a program about cancer on "Talk of the Nation" on public radio. A nurse said, in effect, "Cancer patients for the most part have only themselves to blame, since it's well known that 85% of cancer is caused by avoidable behavior." As you can understand, that was not encouraging! I checked the list of risk factors for ovarian cancer again, and the only one that applies to me is my age--which I really don't want to avoid!

So we'll move on to the new treatment and to the future with hope and gratitude for every breath and every wonderful day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home