Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Say nothing, and listen

Swallowing seven tiny pills is certainly easier than spending several hours hooked up to an I-V infusion. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if this Alkelan would turn out to be the drug God would use to knock down my cancer? We continue to pray. (Logic suggests that if it were recognized as effective, it would have been tried sooner.)

I wrote about remembering yesterday. Memory is essential to our lives and achievements. It’s also essential to our spirituality. From Psalms 77 and 78 come these reminders: “Remember the deeds of the Lord…remember (His) wonders of old…muse on (them)…teach them…do not forget…”

This week I’ve been blessed by several birthday cards. (Maybe from friends who “didn’t remember” the no-cards order?) They’re so beautiful, and I wish I could write a thank you note to everyone. One of them, from a Greek friend who serves on SIM’s pastor-to-missionaries staff, says this:

“Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, ‘Do you like it? I did it just for you.’ (Max Lucado). Take a good look at God’s wonders—they’ll take your breath away” (Psalm 66:5, The Message).

I've been trying for two hours to get on the internet. Sorry this is late for you early risers.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home