Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Let Them Praise the Lord

I found a couple more swallowtail larvae to add to the “nursery” my neighbor boys are tending. I hope we can see more butterflies around here this summer. And we have four tiny blue eggs in the bluebird house. They should be ready to hatch soon after we return from our trip. It’s fun to be surrounded by all this life!

Our Nassau friend with lung cancer will finish his treatments in Texas next Friday, and they plan to return to Nassau on Saturday; we hope to get together during the few hours our paths cross on that island before we return to Charlotte. And we keep praying for miraculously shrinking tumors.

I’m thinking about these beautiful words from Psalm 107: “’Lord, help!’ they cried in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He spoke, and they were healed—snatched from the door of death. Let them praise the Lord for his great love, and for all his wonderful deeds to them. Let them offer sacrifices of thanksgiving and sing joyfully about his glorious acts.” Yesterday morning a colleague reminded us at our prayer chapel of the old song, “Count your blessings.” She asked us to name some current blessings, and I said, sincerely, that every day of life is a blessing. It truly is “one of His wonderful deeds” to us. I am thankful and joyful.

We’ll leave for the airport in a couple of hours. I’ll most likely have a chance to post a message from Nassau before we fly from there to Cat Island on Sunday afternoon. After that, the messages that pop up here will be those that I already pre-loaded, thanks to Blogger technology. I think you’ll like the stories. If any health issues arise, someone will post the information here.

The amazing hummingbird photo below was posted last evening, because it seems like the internet moves more easily in the evening than in the morning. I hope you enjoy it.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home