Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, October 25, 2007

So Good, so far

Apart from fatigue, I'm feeling well this morning. Got through some fever and "sweats" during the night, but no digestive upsets at all. I'm thankful. Yesterday's blood count showed the hemoglobin at 10.5. The nurse says if it drops any lower they'll want to give me a shot of aranesp. They used to give it even as high as 13, she said. I'd be glad for it, except that last week I read some research linking that type of shot to congestive heart disease. I guess that's why they've dropped the level for administering it. At this point, I'm thinking I'd rather deal with tiredness than with the risk of heart disease. So I'm praying that it won't drop any lower.

Rule #9 of The Red Sea Rules is View your current crisis as a faith builder for the future. The author recounts a story he heard John Bisango tell about the time when his young daughter asked him to build her a dollhouse. John nodded, promised to build her one, and then returned to his book. Glancing out the window later, he saw his daughter, arms crammed with dishes and dolls, making trip after trip until she had a great pile in the yard. He asked his wife what she was doing, and she replied, "Oh, you promised to build her a dollhouse, and she believes you. She's just getting ready for it." John reported, "I tossed aside that book, raced to the lumberyard for supplies, and quickly built that little girl a dollhouse." He liked her childlike faith in his promise.

The Bible is full of promises. Some of them clearly applied specifically to the person or group they were given to, but many are applicable to all believers. And some of those strike deeply into our hearts as we read them in the presence of God. These are the ones I want to make note of and hold onto both in the present crisis and also in whatever crises the future holds. God is faithful to keep his promises.

We've never seen the oncologist's chemo room as filled as it was yesterday. So many of the patients are young. So many are suffering far worse than I am. Lots to pray for.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home