Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Rule Four: Pray

Still going through The Red Sea Rules and here's Rule Four: Pray. "When Pharaoh drew near, the children of Israel lifted their eyes, and behold, the Egyptians marched after them. So they were very afraid, and the children of Israel cried out to the Lord" (Exodus 14:10). The author, Robert Morgan, says sometimes in his life he's had only two options: panic or pray.

We feel that way right now about Fran's cancer. The surgeon told her yesterday that the type they've now found is "treacherous." After such a glowing early prognosis, this is hard to accept. We continue to pray.

I've been sailing along so well that it feels odd to have a bump in my journey, but I'm starting to get some pretty serious mouth sores. The oncologist says they're common with the type of chemo I'm getting now. I have "magic mouthwash" to ease the pain, but still it's getting hard to eat; and I'd be very grateful for your prayers for me in this regard as well.

Blessings for your day,
Carol

2 Comments:

At Tue Oct 16, 11:52:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Shan said...

These thoughts and your words have helped me in an incredible way!! I hope you continue to share that which the Lord leads you to.

Thanks for the encouragement!

 
At Tue Oct 16, 11:53:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Shan said...

Carol -
Thanks for sharing these words with us. They have come at a tremendously difficult time...even a difficult night. Please continue to share that which God gives to you...what a blessing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home