Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, May 19, 2008

Whatever our need may be

A friend sent a lovely card with this quotation from a Charles Spurgeon, an English preacher in the 1800s: "Whatever our need may be, let it carry us like a strong current to the ocean of divine love. Christ can soon remove it; so let's hurry to Him. He waits for us." I hadn't thought about our need being a strong current that can carry us to a very good place. Wonderful idea.

Our friend who had a heart attack during the Augusta golf Open has had another rough patch and was hospitalized for several days. (So sorry we didn't find out.) He developed fluid in his lung cavity and had to have it pumped out. (I'm too familiar with that!) He also has severe cellulitis on his leg where they took veins for his bypass. More prayer needed here. Also the woman in our Sunday school class with the new kidney has, again, a dangerously low white cell count. Good news: the Liberian man who is waiting for a heart transplant has recovered from his infections and complications and is doing well--though he still needs a new heart.

A neighbor came over last evening to teach us the "electric slide" (line dance). That's in faith that I'll get more energy and be able to dance at our grandson's wedding in June. (I hope all the cameras in the room will be pointed somewhere else; this will not be pretty.)

Although it was a full weekend, I'm happy to be heading back to work this morning. I hope you'll have a good day; I appreciate you so much.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home