Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"God, where are You?"

I'm sure these past few days, God has especially been in China, in Myanmar, in Chile, and in tornado-stricken USA. (Okay, I know He's everywhere.) How we ache for the victims and survivors of all these disasters. John Stott, former rector of All Souls Church in London, said, "I could never myself believe in God, if it were not for the cross. . . . In the real world of pain, how could one worship a God who ws immune to it?" How, indeed? A couple of months ago, as I was reading through the Holy Week accounts in the Gospels in preparation for Easter, I was struck again by the intense pain each member of the Trinity suffered--not only Jesus, our Savior, but also the Holy Spirit and the Father. God is not immune to our pain.

Our conversation with my surgeon yesterday was clarifying and helpful. For one thing, he alerted me to some wonderful whole-person care resources that are available right here in town. He sent me to Radiology for chest X-Rays to see if we can discover a cause for my cough, shortness of breath, and mild pain. He recommended another treatment for if and when the Hexalen fails. And best of all, I think, he clearly explained some of what's going on at this stage of the cancer. (It is "not amenable" to further surgery, he said.) He recommended several tiny meals a day--to reduce the one-time load on the digestive system and still ensure adequate nutrition, especially protein. I'll try. I have so much fun working that I could easily forget a mid-morning snack. Today is another doctor day. Chuck will have the remaining cancer removed from his cheek this morning, and in the afternoon we'll have a consultation with my oncologist.

Now some incredibly good news!!! Grandson Justin was admitted to dental school yesterday. After several frustrating months, and many beyond-his-control roadblocks, the director of admissions called him yesterday morning to welcome him to the September class. It's such a "God thing"! We all had dancing spirits all day.

Thanks for your prayers for wisdom and discernment. We continue to pray for healing, according to God's high purpose.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home