Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Grace and Mercy

Carol continues to have digestive problems, having a major “upset” just as I was tucking her into bed last night. Things started “moving” during the night and she was able to get a good amount of sleep. We are thankful that she is not experiencing any major pain.

Not able to get back to sleep, I was reading The Daily Message which today focuses on Jonah 3-4 and Psalm 90. A couple of thoughts that stuck in this tired mind:

We read that “The people of Nineveh listened, and trusted God.” Then God changed his mind as we read “God saw what they had done, that they had turned away from their evil lives. He did change his mind about them. What he said he would do to them he didn’t do.” Then Jonah said “I knew you were sheer grace and mercy, not easily angered, rich in love, and ready at the drop of a hat to turn your plans of punishment into a program of forgiveness!” WOW…what a wonderful God we have!

I was telling Carol about what I had read during the night, and had to admit that while we talk about FROGin (Fully Relying On God), I have trouble with the “F” word. FULLY relying on God is a moment by moment challenge for me. I want to “fix it.”

A couple final thoughts from the prayer of Moses in Psalm 90: “On! Teach us to live well! Teach us to live wisely and well!…Surprise us with love at daybreak; then we’ll skip and dance all the day long.”

It is our prayer that each of you will be surprised with God’s love this morning and that your hearts will skip and dance with His love throughout the day.

Love,

Chuck…and Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home