Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Just want you to know

Thanks for praying for God’s guidance. We feel at this point that He is giving us a green light to go to the wedding. We plan to drive to Indiana on Wednesday and stay there until Friday when we’ll go to Michigan. The rehearsal is Friday evening, and I suppose we’ll have the big thrill of seeing beloved family members before we seek an early bedtime. Then, of course, the wedding is Saturday, And we’ll probably rest Sunday before heading for home on Monday.

I have a miracle to tell you about. Dear friends of Sue’s family live about one minute from her home. They have offered us lodging in their “in-law” apartment on the first floor of their home. How wonderful it will be to have a home so close to all the events of the week with privacy and a quiet place to rest. We’d planned on hotel lodging, but it certainly wouldn’t have been anywhere near as convenient as this. We feel so blessed.

I started trying to post this on Monday afternoon, but had a lot of trouble with the internet. Overnight, a few new problems developed with my health and other aspects of the trip, so please view this as a tentative update. I’ll do my best to send more complete information later today. I don’t want to be cryptic, only to let you know as much as we know at this point. We still need your prayers.

Yesterday I gained the energy to finally read through a stack of cards and e-mails; hugely encouraging. Also, I picked up my Bible after several days of over-fatigue, and it felt so good to be able to read a few verses again.

Love,
Carol

3 Comments:

At Tue Jun 17, 07:00:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Carol,
The little in-law apartment being made available is SO like God. He drops endearing love-notes along our paths all day long. I'm asking God that you be able to attend the wedding. I know He will say, "Yes" unless there is a very good reason to say, "No". I am eager to hear all about the weekend in upcoming blogs.
I have been so blessed to have become acquainted with you and Chuck, Love in our precious Lord,
Janet

 
At Tue Jun 17, 11:46:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Joylynn Rasmussen said...

Please give all our love to all our family that you see at the wedding! We love you both very much.
Thor & Joylynn

 
At Tue Jun 17, 11:47:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Joylynn Rasmussen said...

Please give all our love to the family at the wedding! We love you both very much!
Thor & Joylynn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home