Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Into The Light




Into the Light ... Sue painted this a few weeks ago and I begged her to give it to me. Now it hangs directly in my line of vision. Like all good art, multiple meanings emerge to the viewer. Naturally, light and its essential colors dominate. I see myself along with millions of other pilgrims walking along the path. Thanks to the Light of the world (Jesus), the inconceivable light that welcomes us is full of hope and glory and peace. This is a metaphor for these last days of my life here on earth. And a mere hint of the splendor that waits for all of us.

We don’t know but that I may have very few days left in this body. I want to thank you for walking this cancer journey with us for 2 ½ years. Your prayers and notes of encouragement have made a huge difference. Even after we’ve said our final goodbyes, you will still have your own journey to walk. Please don’t forget to Fully Rely on God. I’ll also appreciate your continued prayers for Chuck and the family.

Unspoken Thanks: So many gorgeous flowers, cards, books, treats/food have brightened our home these past days. In a perfect world you would have received a personal thank you. Please be thanked.

Final Hugs: I visualize hundreds of dear people whom I would love to hug and speak a personal goodbye to. It may be impossible. Please be hugged.

I want to step out of this life with all my relationships in order. To the best of my understanding I am at peace. If you feel you have anything to resolve with me, please feel free to take advantage of the time remaining.

Final Happy Memories: I have asked Sue to share a few photos from the recent wedding. Celebrating it together was a wonderful gift from God. The first photo is of Justin & Laura listening to me read from Ephesians 4. It was such an answer to prayer to be able to fulfill that commitment … and a joy.

Love,

Carol

11 Comments:

At Thu Jun 26, 06:57:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Carol,
I would email but I'm not sure when you'd get to see it. I wanted to thank you again for all that you've shared through the blog, and the way you have encouraged so many as God has spoken through you. You have been much in my thoughts and prayers these last few weeks, and I'm so plesaed you made it to the wedding.
With love and prayers from the UK,
Allie

 
At Thu Jun 26, 09:30:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blessing it is to read words from you and Chuck every day. Your post of this morning should be read in a million hearts and posted on a million refrigerators. It truly is the essence of love.

May God continue to bless both of you as you continue to bless all of us.

 
At Thu Jun 26, 10:53:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol-

You have rocked this thing for stronger and longer than anyone I've seen. Watching you in this and before this makes me proud to be a woman as you have raised the bar tremendously. People will flood to see you this week and I know the exhaustion will set in quickly. I am honored to have learned from you, been challenged by you and changed by you. I hope to see you soon in the next few days. If the masses crowd the visit out, know you have my love.

 
At Thu Jun 26, 12:34:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Andean Echoes said...

Thank you Carol for letting your light shine even through hard days. I read your blog daily and pray for you and was so excited to see how God answered prayer so you could go to the wedding. The pictures are beautiful!

Aunt Joan Larson used to tell me all about her very good friend and I feel privileged to have met you, be in the same mission and to have been personally encouraged by you.
Thanks for letting God use you to encourage all the rest of us through your life and insights through the blog.

I will continue to pray for you in these days and your family.

Love,

Helen Steele
SIM in Bolivia

 
At Thu Jun 26, 12:39:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures. What a handsome couple! And it was good to "see" you again Carol. Even though you say you don't feel well, you sure looked pretty! Again, I appreciate all of the Bible lessons I have received from what you have shared. I LOVE YOU!!

 
At Thu Jun 26, 01:40:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Carol,

I know mine is one of many, many voices right now, of many hearts, which want to reach out with arms of love to enfold you. Consider yourself HUGGED, know yourself LOVED, believe yourself ADMIRED, respected, appreciated, valued, for your loving heart, for the way you have encouraged people through your blog each day, and through the way you have lived your life. I love you, and look forward to the day we will meet again. See you at that Eastern Gate. Much, much love, Marge Prince

 
At Thu Jun 26, 02:24:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger KB said...

Dear Carol,

What a great painting you share with us... You are close now to The Light. You know more and more of what we long to know, that juncture where 'life' changes meaning...

So many of us wish we could hold your hand and thank you for the faithful life you have walked before us...

I'll never forget an incident when we were all in Zimbabwe in 1999. You and Chuck were planning to go see Victoria Falls and encouraged me to go along... I shared that I just couldn't enjoy something so special without my Gwen. Understanding, you looked tenderly into my eyes and said, "There is just no other way to look at it, is there!"

Goodbye dear sister, Ken & Gwen Baker

 
At Thu Jun 26, 09:52:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger lizzeth said...

Dear Carol;
First of all I have to tell you that you are such a great teacher an inspiration to many of us. I read your blog almost daily and the courage and the dignity you show in front of adversity is a lesson to all of us. Your love and trust in God is so inspirational and your faith a gift that you have shared with many of us. I have to say, thank you for being in our lives, for being the great human being that you are and for the lessons that you teach us daily. I have learned so much from you and Chuck, I learn every day a little bit more to be closer to God and my faith grows stronger because of your words and lessons.
Love always,
Lizzeth

 
At Thu Jun 26, 09:55:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Steve K. said...

Carol,

It was so wonderful to see you today. I can't tell you how honored I am to have had the chance to work with you and to learn from you.

I didn't get to tell you this today when we spoke, but I know God has some important work for you to do when you get to the other side. I'm just jealous that you'll get to experience the kingdom in its fullness before I do.

I'm praying right now for God's grace and strength and for a special weekend with your family.

Shalom,
Steve K.

 
At Fri Jun 27, 06:54:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Corazon Latino said...

Dear Carol,

As I sit and read your farewell I wish I could pop over and give you a huge hug and tell you how much you have challenged me and encouraged me.

As one of my first blog buddies I have journeyed alongside you and your family as the Lord has lead you down an unfamiliar road. You have made the unfamiliar seem less scary as you have helped us fix our eyes on the prize to come. I know that whatever my life may hold in the future, God is with me, and He will be just as faithful to me and my family as He has been to you all.

Know you are loved and prayed for from afar. It is with sadness that I write ths but then also a great expectancy of what is to come. Thank you.

with love

Richelle (NZ)

 
At Fri Jun 27, 10:28:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Jake Sinko said...

Mimi...You rock :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home