Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, May 11, 2015

When I think...

I trust that you each had a blessed weekend and that all of you mothers were honored.  I had a very special email from friend Mark wishing me a happy Mother’s Day knowing my thoughts about Carol and the blessing that she was to both me and our children.  He like so many of you, has been a wonderful blessing to me!

I awoke that morning with the words of “To Be Used of God” ringing in my head. As I was reading that morning, the words of the song kept going through my head so I went to You Tube and listened to a wonderful musical group sing it:

“To be used of God, to sing, to speak, to pray;
To be used of God to show someone the way,
I long so much to feel the touch
Of his consuming fire;
To be used of God is my desire.”

The last verse really resonated with me; “When I think of the shortness of my earthly years, I remember all the wasted days, and wasted tears…”   It was a strong reminder of God’s grace, mercy and love even when I was not that obedient or loveable, but it also was a needed challenge to keep focused on making “the main thing the main thing” as I finish the course laid out for me.

It was a tremendous blessing to be at Gavin’s graduation from college and to see him off to Alaska for the summer where he will be working on a salmon fishing boat.  With no cell phone or internet access, we last heard from him when he landed in Kodiak.  It will be a challenging experience for him, but I believe that he is up to the challenge and will have a once-in-a-lifetime experience in preparation for starting medical school in the fall.

Have a blessed week!


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home