Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Resident Nurse ... taking off

I figured I should leave a note here for all of you as I take off today. After being here for 3 of the last 4 weeks, I feel like I'm leaving "home". I guess, that's very appropriate actually. It's been a month of many new experiences. And there is much to be thankful for.

**My bosses are being wonderful. When I am home, I am picking up the work that I can, but that is significantly less than I am supposed to be doing. Even so, they are encouraging me to spend as much time with Mom as possible.

**Joshua was born without complications, and all are doing well. I'm so excited to be able to hold him this evening ... but am also thankful that I wasn't "needed" there while I was "needed" here.

**Jeff and Jeremy are graciously picking up all the slack at home. Thankful for a family that supports my desire to be here.

**Thankful for so many of mom and dad's friends here who have been so supportive. Having meals provided for us has really lifted the load here. I felt able to spend time with both of them instead of cooking all the time. We have been wonderfully spoiled!

**Thankful for a mom who has built a friendship with the grandkids that is so strong. She has had such an impact on their lives. And they value it so much that they were eager to spend their weekend making the trip to spend time with her. (Even thru a rather eventful trip - thankful for safety there, too!!)

So ... It is with mixed emotions that I am leaving. I know those of you around Charlotte will continue to support them over the next weeks and months. I know all of you are keeping them constantly in your prayers.

Thankful for all of you.
Sue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home