Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Future Mercies


We were happy to see "our" swan family still intact in front of our lake house in Indiana. The cygnets appear to be adolescents already!

God gave us a safe and pleasant trip home Monday, and we thanked Him as we drove into our garage. A dear neighbor had mowed our grass (twice, it turns out) and God had sent rain, so things are looking good. We enjoyed tomatoes from our own plants on our dinner salad.

I read in my collection of Puritan prayers this morning, "Prayers arising from my needs are preparations for future mercies." My prayers during the night and this morning rise out of apprehension over another chemo treatment and whatever the blood tests might reveal. I was awake awhile in the night (peaceably) and this old song by Tommy Dorsey kept singing in my brain and soul:
"Precious Lord, take my hand, Lead me on, help me stand;
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn.
Through the storm, through the night, lead me on to the light;
Take my hand, precious Lord, lead me home."

I'm not feeling especially tired, weak or worn, but still the words resonate; I do want to walk through this day and coming days hand in hand with my Lord.

"When my way grows drear, precious Lord, linger near--
When my life is almost gone;
Hear my cry, hear my call, hold my hand lest I fall;
Take my hand, precious Lord, lead me home."

Today Jeremy begins his internship at SIM in preparation for a half year of service in Niger. May God hold his hand too!

Thanks for your prayers.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home