Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Friday Is a Travel Day

This will serve as Friday’s post.

I stayed home Thursday morning to organize food, clothes, books and my anti-cancer regimen for the 2 ½ week road trip. I’m glad I did; otherwise I’d have been up until midnight getting ready. I’m taking along several articles to write for the next magazine. I’ll have time to read, rest and work while the more energetic members of the party are engaged in strenuous hikes.

Huge storms tore through Indiana and Michigan Wednesday evening. One uprooted a large walnut tree next to our lake house and dropped it on our neighbor’s garage, flattening her nearly new SUV inside. It also left a massive crater in our yard. Karin happened to be in our house at the time; I’m sure it was traumatic. We are so thankful that neither house was touched and especially that no one was injured. Just that easily our plans could have been changed!

The blood report that came back on Thursday showed “nothing to worry about,” in the nurse’s words. My blood sugar is very low and one other thing was borderline; I forget what it was. But the liver and kidney functions are good. (You know, after 8 chemo-therapies I think this is cause for loud praise. So many people suffer damage to their organs, sometimes irreversible, as a result of chemo.)

I had an error in the optional blog outlining my anti-cancer regimen a few days ago. If you’ve looked at it, please don’t take it seriously until you check the corrected version. If you don’t ever look at it, that’s fine with me.

I received a letter from a friend of a friend who wanted to encourage me--and she did! At some time in the past her husband and young son were killed in an auto accident. Now she's living with cancer, and I'm sure she's an inspiration to her nurses and Hospice caregivers. She quoted the same Bible verse I've referred to recently: Whether we live or die, we are the Lord's. It's a comforting and encouraging truth.

May God fill you with His peace and grace.

Love,
Carol...for Chuck too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home