Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, July 09, 2006

So Good so Far



Two final photos from the trip. The first is one of the formations in the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Directly above is a view of the Avenue of the States at Mount Rushmore in South Dakota, with the carvings of four U.S. presidents towering high overhead.

We are now in Indiana, and will leave early Monday for our 12-hour drive back to Charlotte. Grandson Jeremy and daughter Sue just arrived and will travel with us. Jeremy begins his internship at SIM on Tuesday. Sue is eager to meet the family he will be living with in Niger beginning in October. So is her husband Jeff, who will drive through the night Tuesday in order to be with us on Wednesday when the DeValve family will have dinner with us at our home. (They'll be in Charlotte for only a few days.)

May I ask you to pray for Jeremy? He's only 18, and is beginning a very challenging commitment. Niger ranks as the poorest nation on earth, and the town where he'll live with the DeValves is very far from modern life. He so much wants to serve God and help people. He's the last to leave home, so Sue and Jeff need prayer too.

I can't express how grateful I am for your prayers. I have felt amazingly well. (The only day I needed a nap was the day of the urinary tract infection.) I still have some chemo effects, but I'm positive that the cancer isn't eating me up right now. I plan to spend Tuesday morning at the office, to be sure that the files for the newly designed magazine are safely in the hands of the various offices that will use them. Then I have another chemo scheduled for Tuesday afternoon. I really don't want to be wiped out as I was last time. God is able, and God is good.

Love,
Carol, for Chuck too

2 Comments:

At Sun Jul 09, 08:34:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Hi Carol, been following your trip with interest and Jeremy's preparations too. Thanks for sharing all those photos, appreciate it.

 
At Tue Jul 11, 05:46:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Carol Wilson said...

Thanks, Amanda. It's fun to be in touch halfway around the world (or more).
Carol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home