Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Thankful

Yesterday afternoon's chemo hit hard. Chuck says we need to trust that it's hitting the cancer cells even harder than it's hitting my person. Good idea!

I'm thanking the Lord for bringing Jeff (Sue's husband/Jeremy's dad) here safely. He worked all day yesterday, then drove through the night arriving at 5:30 a.m. He's that eager to meet the DeValves with whom Jeremy will be living in Niger. We're all really looking forward to our dinner together this evening. I'm thankful that Sue is here to prepare the meal; I don't think I'll contribute much today.

It was great to get back to the office yesterday morning and re-connect with my colleagues. I was able to check the final product of the magazine layout and get it sent out on CDs to the offices that are waiting for them. I also deleted about 500 spam e-mails. The rest of the work will have to wait until I get some energy back.

A Sunday School friend sent a charming fable. A woman in China walked to the village well every morning to draw water, which she carried home in two clay pots hanging from the ends of a stick across her shoulders. One was perfect, the other cracked. Every day she arrived home with one and a half pots of water. In time, the cracked pot became very down on itself for its poor performance. But the owner said, "Haven't you noticed that the trail is lined with beautiful flowers on your side of the track? I knew from the beginning that you would leave drops of water, so I planted flower seeds along your side. All these years I have enjoyed bouquets of flowers in my home and blooms along my path, thanks to the life-giving water that leaked through your cracks."

I realize that all my life I've probably seemed like a "crackpot" to some people, but now cancer has put large "cracks in my pot." I ask the Lord to allow drops of life-giving water to seep out and nourish those along my path.

Catching up on e-mail brought news of many friends who are carrying heavy burdens. One friend asks prayer for a 9-year-old boy whose brain cancer has returned. Another friend's father now needs round-the-clock care. Can his mother and brother find the stamina to provide it? The only other option is to deplete their modest savings on nursing home care. And our friend with cancer is beginning to feel the predicted effects of his daily radiation. I know that within your circle of friends you also find a number of crushing burdens. May God answer our prayers for them!

I'm thankful for you.
Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Wed Jul 12, 09:38:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Corazon Latino said...

I always feel encouraged and nourished after I read your daily entries. Thanks for being a crackpot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home