Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, December 10, 2006

How Did They Know?

The opera we saw last evening, "Simeon," was well done and charming. The author spun an imaginative drama around the brief episode in the Gospel about the old man Simeon who knew he would see the Lord Christ before he died. From the Bible, we know only that he saw Mary and Joseph carrying 40-day-old Jesus to the temple as required by the law to redeem the first-born son in every family. Simeon took the Babe in his arms, announced that because of Him a sword would pierce Mary's heart, and prayed, "Lord, now you can let me die because I have seen the One You promised." The opera presented a highly chance meeting of Simeon with some shepherds and an emissary of the Magi, all of whom added bits of information about Christ's birth which led him to the temple that morning. The opera didn't mention old Anna, but she was actually there too, and she too recognized the Babe as Messiah. A question that comes often to my mind is this: "How did they know?" And I wonder whether we would encounter Him more in our daily lives if we were as eagerly watching for Him as they were. Hmmm.

Our visit in Greenville was delightful. I'm still struggling with fatigue, and went to bed as soon as we got home this afternoon. Chuck suggests that my hemoglobin may be low. It was actually quite favorable when tested on kemo day two weeks ago. Maybe I'll call the doctor and ask for another blood test. Or maybe tiredness simply goes with the territory at this stage of treatment.

I hope your Sunday has been great. I'll be back Monday morning.

Blessings,
Carol

2 Comments:

At Sun Dec 10, 08:04:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger dplawson said...

Dear Carol:

I stumbled across your blog while doing a search of the internet. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our production of Simeon at BJU. I stage directed the program and opened it in prayer at the beginning. I would also highly recommend our Living Gallery presentation if you haven't seen it already. It's during the Easter season each year.

Thanks again for coming to Simeon.

Darren P. Lawson, Dean
School of Fine Arts
Bob Jones University
Greenville, SC 29614

 
At Mon Dec 11, 10:41:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Carol Wilson said...

Back to Darren,

Thanks for your note. I tried to write to you directly, but couldn't figure out how. Yes, we've seen Living Gallery and loved it. Everything you do there is a work of art!
Carol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home