Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, April 27, 2007

Boasting about Babies

Well, the first “boast” is about our middle “baby,” Karin, who is now in her 40s and completing her first year of law school. She learned yesterday that she had been selected for the moot court competitive team for her school. We take no credit for this achievement, but we’re proud of her nevertheless.

The next “boast” is about a flock of baby chickadees in Lisa's decorative birdhouse just outside our kitchen window. Their lively little mother keeps busy feeding them, and they’re becoming very demanding. Earlier this spring, sparrows apparently scared off the bluebirds that were checking out the bluebird house, but now there’s a handsome male hanging around the house again, so we’re hoping for a late family there as well.

After work yesterday we planted begonias in our front beds. Now we're getting a beautiful rain. I wish we had tomato plants in the ground!

Now, some serious thoughts about time, from a message by Jeremy Begbie. He points out that it took God time to create the world; that time is built in as part of all that the Creator made and called good. We tend to think that if something doesn’t happen right away, it's some sort of failure. But good things take time. “Lord, how little I appreciate the time you have given me. I do all sorts of things to try to speed up, and yet sometimes you want to slow me down. I want to be efficient. You want me to glorify you whatever the circumstances. I tend to see suffering and trauma as thwarting your design, yet they may be at the center of your design, as they were in the cross.” Let’s slow down enough today to think about this rare gift of time, and to seek to know what God wants to do with the time he has given us.

I'm grateful for a good night's sleep.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home