Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, April 20, 2007

Light, Space, Zest

Chuck here filling in for Carol this morning. I awoke rather early today and was praying for many of you friends and family members, thanking God for your encouragement and support while you face many challenges in your own lives. Hopefully Carol will be able to get a little more sleep this morning without me tossing around.

The other day as I was reading The Daily Message (Eugene Peterson), I came to Psalm 27, “Light, space, zest – that’s God! So, with him on my side I’m fearless, afraid of no one and nothing.” WOW, that sure is something to get your mind around! I still like the traditional translation “light and salvation”, but this opens my mind to an even broader view of God. So why do we ever fear anything? Could it be that we just don’t get it? We can’t really comprehend the greatness of our God? I’m sure that is it for me. I keep wanting to put Him on my level of understanding, which is actually ridiculous. Thanks for stretching my view of you again God!

This morning we head for Washington DC to spend the weekend with daughter, Lisa. It is always a thrill for us to spend time with our wonderful family. No special plans, just a rich time of sharing and spending time together! I assume that we will be able to connect to the internet, but our only option will likely be Wi Fi and if that happens to be down, you may not hear from us until Monday.

Some weeks ago I mentioned an Open House/Reception for Carol on May 26th at SIM here in Charlotte. Thanks for all of your messages and reservations coming from several far-away states. As of yesterday, we still had a couple rooms available. So if you need housing, let me know. That is a busy weekend for the area and motels are either filled or filling quickly.

I trust that you have a wonderful day and weekend. Let your mind play with the thought of the God of our salvation as light, space and zest.

We love you all!

Chuck…and Carol too

1 Comments:

At Sat Apr 21, 05:24:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Carol and Chuck,
We received your invitation to the open house (yes, all the way here in Burkina). We are sad that we won't be able to be there, but are grateful for the countless precious ones that will celebrate God's richness in your life, Carol.
Also, we just saw the spring edition of "Together in Mission" which brought smiles to our faces - just knowing that the editor is this lovely lady of God - who keeps putting her heart into the work our Creator has set out for her to do. Carol, the inspiration you are to us cannot be measured! We praise God for you!
Much Love from Fada N'Gourma,
Marcus and Jen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home