Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Good News / Bad News


This striking image came in my email yesterday. The reminder of our Savior’s loving sacrifice encouraged me. It looks like He has the entire human population of all ages (including you and me) in His view, even as He hangs there suffering and dying. It may also represent the perspective of the Father, the Holy Spirit, and the angels as they watched the saving work of the beloved Son.

Yesterday brought both good news and bad. First, the bad. Or it seemed bad. My CA 125 numbers have stopped dropping. I know it’s not what we’ve been praying for. Except that we’ve been praying for God’s will and God’s glory. So He gets to decide what’s good and what’s bad. I won’t stop battling the cancer and I won’t stop living life fully, as long as He gives me breath.

The good news is breathtakingly good. Yesterday the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the 2003 congressional ban on “partial birth abortion.” I don’t know how many actual lives it will save, because statistics are hard to find on how many of those barbaric procedures are performed. But every one prevented means an innocent, nearly-born infant is spared an enormous weight of terrible suffering. We have a family story about a similar procedure.

On February 13, 1914, my grandmother (a very tiny woman) was trying to give birth to her first child, my mother (who weighed in at 10 pounds). My grandfather drove to a nearby town to get the doctor, who eventually gave up and said, “Carl, this birth is impossible. I’m going to have to crush the head of your baby in order to save your wife’s life.” Grandma was already under ether and didn’t get a chance to vote in the matter. But Grandpa said, “No, I know my wife. If you kill the baby, she’ll die anyway of sorrow. You must keep trying.” I don’t know details of the next hours, but I know how it turned out. My mother was born healthy, my grandmother lived and bore five more children (one of whom died soon after), and my grandfather’s wisdom prevailed. I guess you can figure out that there would never have been a “me” if Grandpa had weasled in that dreadful moment.

We’re driving to Washington DC tomorrow to spend Saturday and part of Sunday with daughter Lisa. Can’t wait! Next Tuesday afternoon we’ll see the oncologist to discuss how to proceed.

Love,
Carol

4 Comments:

At Thu Apr 19, 12:08:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you r dump

 
At Thu Apr 19, 06:48:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,

Your outlook is so refreshing in world we live in. Thank you for being such an inspiration to us all!! I know there may be days where you simply do not want to inspire... be strong... but fall into the arms of the Lord and let Him carry it all!! Yes, God's Will... will ultimately be done... However... He also sees your obedience and love for Him through it all... He is smiling down upon you!!

Thank you for keeping us up to date with everything. Your always in my thoughts and prayers!!

Thank you for the wonderful news that was passed. Sadly, it will not stop everyone's decision to take a life. Yet, it will make it more difficult. If only they would educate the women that decide that is the only option to be made.
Whoever said "Ignorance is Bliss..." was muttering while sleeping... giggles!!!!

Have a beautifully blessed weekend,

**Lots of Hugs**

Deborah

 
At Fri Apr 20, 03:35:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Leluwa said...

Wow, what a powerful story! Thank you for sharing!

 
At Sat Apr 21, 03:54:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

This is a beautiful story, Carol. It brought tears to my eyes. Have a great weekend with your daughter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home