Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What's Really Important

A cross, a pulpit, some seating, and the presence of God. This is where Church meets in Doro, South Sudan. It's a place where the people have experienced great suffering--not only in the recent 30-year war, but long before. In fact, a missionary couple died here during World War 2. Now SIM workers and our partners are re-opening the clinic there (naming it in honor of that couple) and helping the Sudanese church to start new churches, including the one pictured here. When life crowds us, it's helpful to reflect on the faith and courage of the people in the world's hot spots. That helps me focus on what's really important, and it also reminds me to pray for them.

And this comes from a friend in Asia: "Looking back I praise Him! Looking around I serve Him! Looking ahead I trust Him! Looking up I expect Him!"

What a beautiful evening we had with our Michigan friends! (They brought encouraging notes from many other friends as well.) Now they'll be busy volunteering at SIM for a few days.

We're trusting God for wisdom for us and for the oncologist as we meet today to decide how to proceed with treatment. It's a great day to Fully Rely On God.

Blessings,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Tue Apr 24, 09:51:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

Wow. That's a moving picture. (Personally, I think I'd rather sit on mats!) You wouldn't dare fall asleep during the message...you would fall right off your bench! But seriously, what a reminder that we don't have to have a gorgeous place in which to worship!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home