Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

More Hope

The subject of hope has captured my attention. No wonder a hopeful song was echoing in my mind when I woke up for awhile at 1:20 this morning:

Just think of stepping on shore, and finding it heaven;
Of touching a hand, and finding it God's;
Of breathing new air, and finding it celestial;
Of waking up in glory, and finding it home!

"Hope" is one of God's many names. "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" (Romans 15:13).

English seems inadequate here. Yesterday I said, "I hope my cancer numbers won't stop dropping." That's a very unsure hope--maybe wish would be a better word. But in the dozens of sites where the Bible talks about hope based on God, it's an absolutely sure thing. Like this: "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure" (Hebrews 12:19). Yesterday the wind here was wild and exciting. Sometimes life becomes like a wild and dangerous wind; an anchor for the soul is essential and wonderful.

Blood test this morning, then I "hope" for a productive day of writing and editing. This "hope" is a good one, but not exactly an anchor (stuff happens). I also "hope" for God's peace and purpose to be actualized in life here, today, and that "hope" is an anchor I can lean my entire self and survival on.

Have a hope-filled day.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home