Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, May 27, 2007

A Feast of Friends

My artistic friend in Michigan continues to send handmade creations each week. This one came inside a card that said, "These 70 lights are a reminder of His love. He is . . . " Each flame can be pulled up (see lower left) to reveal a biblical name for Jesus. I'll list a few:

The Physician, Luke 4:23
A gift of God, John 4:10
My Helper, Hebrews 13:6
The Lamb of God, John 1:29
The Deliverer, Romans 11:26
The Mediator, 1 Timothy 2:5
The Truth, John 14:6
My Fortress, Psalm 18:2
The Advocate, 1 John 2:1
Our Intercessor, Hebrews 7:21

I believe it must have taken days to design and construct this marvel. But it has taken most of her life to learn to know Jesus in all his multi-faceted splendor. What a gift!

Yesterday's party was splendid. Dear friends from the neighborhood, SIM, church, and Michigan--all came to help us celebrate God's faithfulness, not only through 70 years of life but also especially through this past 18-month journey with cancer. Each one who came gave the gift of their presence and their time. We are blessed.

I'm still feeling well. This morning I took the 4th and final dose of kemo for this month, praying that God will send it directly to the cancer cells and destroy them.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home