Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Eternal Spring

We’re up early, getting ready for our 12-hour drive to the lake house in Indiana. We plan to spend the first few days there simply resting, reading, thinking, and being restored. Some of the Michigan family will join us for Wednesday and Thursday. I love that!

I’m thankful that, while all the blood numbers we need to watch dropped since Monday, none fell into a danger zone. The CA 125 (tumor marker) will be checked again on July 9, just before I see the oncologist for the next round of chemo on July 10.

My “adopted daughter” watches for hints that I’m saying goodbye, that I’m feeling terminal. Really, I’m not. But I like the following from Victor Hugo so much that I’m going to quote it anyway. He wrote it when he was more than 80 years old. Sooner or later, it will be applicable to all of us—I hope. It’s really beautiful.

“Within my soul I feel the evidence of my future life. I am like a forest that has been cut down more than once, yet the new growth has more life than ever. I am always rising toward the sky, with the sun shining down on my head. The earth provides abundant sap for me, but heaven lights my way to worlds unknown. People say the soul is nothing but the effect of our bodily powers at work. If that were true, then why is my soul becoming brighter as my body begins to fail? Winter may be filling my head, but an eternal spring rises from my heart. And the closer I come to the end of my journey, the more clearly I hear the immortal symphonies of eternal worlds inviting me to come.”

I appreciate so much that you keep checking this blog. I’m amazed, really. I need to remind you that we don’t have a phone line at the lake; I’ll keep in touch whenever I can, but it won’t be every early morning for the next week.

Love,
Carol

2 Comments:

At Mon Jul 02, 12:22:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Momma! This is beautiful!

 
At Mon Jul 02, 12:26:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Momma! That is beautiful! Have fun at the lake!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home