Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, June 24, 2007

No Strangers in Campgrounds

I've heard that there are no strangers in campgrounds, and I believe it. Yesterday on our hike to Crabtree Falls, we met a delightful Christian woman who is midway through her clinical psychology training at the Florida campus of Trinity International University. We sat on a bench and watched the falls and visited. The hike was ranked "strenuous," and so it was--for most of its 2.5 miles. As we were considering the hike, Chuck asked if I wouldn't rather take a nap. Of course! But I thought maybe I was feeling "poorly" for lack of exercise during the week, so we hiked out. Right decision! We saw gorgeous views and felt very well when we got back. We'd forgotten our camera, but if in the next couple of days I can get a copy of a couple of photos taken by our friend, I'll send them along.

Last evening we sang along with a park ranger and her guitar, and there we met a retired couple, also from Florida, who are spending their summer camping along the Blue Ridge Parkway. He walks with a cane and has congestive heart failure brought on by recent radiation for prostate cancer. Yet they also did the strenuous hike to Crabtree Falls. Inspiring! They promised to join us for the concert this afternoon at Altapass Orchard.

Right now we're sitting on the terrace of Little Switzerland, gazing out at range after range of smoky blue mountains. Beautiful! I appreciate the use of their wireless access.

During Friday night, I woke at midnight and still felt "yucky"-- stuffed esophagus and loopy head. At 3:00 a.m. I woke up and realized I felt normal. Something wonderful had happened during those three hours as I slept. Thank you, Lord. Thank you, friends, for praying for me!

We'll be home again this evening. I hope your Sunday has been wonderful.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home