Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, June 29, 2007

News from Africa

I’m happy to report that an email came yesterday saying that Ahmed, the severely beaten young convert in western Africa, is recovering well. He said, “I thank God they were not able to kill me. And even if they did, I know where I am going. There is no turning back. Pray for me that I will be strong in the Lord and share my faith with others. I will not forsake Christ, since Christ has not forsaken me.” Despite the trauma and disappointment of his family’s attempt to kill him, he has now appealed to the headman of his extended family to help bring about a reconciliation with his father. I’ve heard that “mercy triumphs over justice.” Let’s pray it will be true in this case.

And now I have a couple of quotations from famous people to share. The first is from Winston Churchill: “The optimist sees opportunity in every danger. The pessimist sees danger in every opportunity.” (I’m wondering if “natural” pessimists can grow into hopeful people as they learn to trust God more. Have you seen it happen?)

The next is from perhaps the most-quoted source ever, “anonymous”: “Every flower must grow through dirt.” Maybe they both mean the same thing.

And now I’m off to the doctor’s office for a blood check. I’m feeling well, so I certainly don’t expect seriously bad numbers. If all is well, we’re looking forward to an early departure on Saturday for a week up north.

Thank you so much for caring and praying.

Love,
Carol

3 Comments:

At Fri Jun 29, 09:50:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Carol, I'm a voice from your past. Cherie Evans. You sold us our first house in Bath MI 20+ years ago. I was sad to hear of your battle w/ cancer from Jill Pinkerton, She shared it because Dan has been diagnosed with Follicular Lymphoma last month. We have been reading "Don't Waste Your Cancer" by John Piper and it really keeps us in perspective. Anyway, Dan and I still think of you and Chuck from time to time. Now I can think and pray for you more productively. under His Wing, Cherie & Dan

 
At Sat Jun 30, 02:29:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Carol Wilson said...

Dear Cherie,
How wonderful to hear from you. I'm so sorry to hear of Dan's cancer. There's so much! I'll pray for you both. Are the children all grown? Do you still have dogs? I appreciate your prayers. Carol

 
At Sat Jun 30, 02:22:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEy Carol,
Yes we still have dogs, a 115 lb.great dane and 5 lb. miniature Pincher. They are more fun than trouble but Dan would probably reverse that opinion! Danielle is married in Lansing w/ 2 kids Emily 3 and Maggie 2. She has started her own phototgraphy business. They are very involved at University Reformed Church. Jessice is married 18 mos. She has her cosmotology license but is going back to nursing school. Adam will attend MSU in the fall at Holden hall. His interset is in Pediatrics. We are attending Jackson First Nazarene. Danielle says that I can't decide whether I am a calvinist or a armenian. ha ha. I say we're all going to agree in heaven so don't sweat it too much. I love all my brothers and sisters. I will keep reading your blog and talk to you if I have anything worth saying. God will let me know. He usually tells me to "Be still..."
UHW Cherie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home