Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Can't Rely on Feelings

Earlier this week I felt so low that I could have believed I surely couldn't live very long. Today I feel so wonderful that I could believe I'll live as long as any of you. Feelings aren't reliable, are they? I need to return a borrowed book this morning, Lion and Lamb, by Brennan Manning, and before I do I want to share some good words from it (page 61):

". . . our expectations are our greatest obstacle to union with God in the present moment. It is Jesus who writes all the lines, all the words, and all the letters of our lives. Do I really know what is best for me? My vision is so shortsighted, my horizon so limited. Surrender is a practical application of a confession--what we pray each day in the Lord's Prayer, Thy will be done. Abandonment is the triumph of trust in our lives. . . .

"The two pivotal words in the teaching of Jesus are both A words--Amen and Abba. Amen meaning Yes and Abba meaning Father. Saying yes to our heavenly Father's will is the essence of the entire moral teaching of Jesus."

So I've already told you I'm feeling wonderful, and it's true. We're taking a couple of teenagers with us to church this morning, and then having a guest for lunch. Yesterday I did some SIM work and sorted through some messes of mail and correspondence that had been stacking up here. I'm always behind! What else is new? I need to figure out a way (or find time) to keep in touch with the friends who either can't or don't want to use the internet.

May God bless your Sunday.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home