Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Is it Time?

I freely admit that I wasn't clever or knowledgeable enough to discover the widespread scourge of slavery in our day. Since the release of the motion picture, "Amazing Grace," about Wilberforce's perseverance in shutting down the slave trade in the British empire, several magazine articles have drawn attention to this modern scandal. But suddenly, the subject is everywhere--books, more magazines, blogs, and personal conversations. I pray that this means it's God's time to use people and their resources to make a big dent in slavery of all kinds. (Several people and organizations, including International Justice Mission, have been fighting slavery for years; I don't mean to imply that it's blown up to this massive problem without anyone's noticing. It's simply that it's been far too easy for me and for most of us to let someone else take action.) Someone emailed me yesterday to say that a local anti-slavery group is forming soon. I got a fund-raising letter from the Intervarsity chapter at Michigan State (I was active in I-V at MSU many years ago), and they're planning a week's campus outreach in the fall with a focus on human trafficking, asking, "Why is the world like this?" Whatever action God might lead me to take, surely the first and best thing I can do is pray.

Today, my battle is against cancer. Chemo is scheduled for 10:30, and I believe my blood counts will be sufficiently high to allow us to continue. Today, the first of the 3-day cycle, I'll get the meanest drug, so I won't be surprised if I need to come home and rest after it's over. Thanks for praying that the chemo will target and destroy the cancer cells.

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Tue Jul 17, 10:16:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carol!

I am praying with you and for you my friend!!

May the Lord carry you from room to room and every corner of your heart!!! It is my prayer that you will have a calm peace covering you from head to toe!!

Have a beautifully blessed week!

**Lots of Hugs**

Deborah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home