Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, July 21, 2007

"You Have Been Called"

“Picture yourself in a hospital bed. The fog of anesthesia has begun to wear away. A doctor stands at your feet; a loved one holds your hand at the side. 'It’s cancer,' the healer announces.

“The natural reaction is to turn to God and ask him to serve as a cosmic Santa. 'Dear God, make it all go away. Make everything simpler.' But another voice whispers: 'You have been called.' Your quandary has drawn you closer to God, closer to those you love, closer to the issues that matter—and has dragged into insignificance the banal concerns that occupy our 'normal time.'

“There’s another kind of response, although usually short-lived—an inexplicable shudder of excitement, as if a clarifying moment of calamity has swept away everything trivial and tinny, and placed before us the challenge of important questions.

“The moment you enter the Valley of the Shadow of Death, things change. You discover that Christianity is not something doughy, passive, pious, and soft. Faith may be the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. But it also draws you into a world shorn of fearful caution. The life of belief teems with thrills, boldness, danger, shocks, reversals, triumphs, and epiphanies.”

Like it? It’s exactly what I would have said, if only I could write as well. You can download the entire article, “Cancer’s Unexpected Blessings,” by Tony Snow at www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2007/july/25.30.html

Please take a look, regardless of your politics. It is so beautiful.

I know for sure I’m alive again. Yesterday I worked a full day, and even fought for the privilege of taking my turn to clean the office kitchen. I felt so well, and got so much good work done. I’m very grateful. I know God is answering your prayers for me. Thank you, from my heart!

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home