Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, July 06, 2007

Good Day

Good Day

Sue came yesterday, and she just left. It was such a sweet 24 hours. Good news: Karin and the children are returning to our home with us on Sunday for a few days. The presenting reason is so they can go to the “Body World” exhibit at Discovery Place. I’m looking forward to seeing it with them. By means of a process called “plastination,” they show actual human bodies in various presentations. One I heard about is a precise preservation of all the blood vessels in the human head, with everything else removed to give a clear view. Sounds awful, but I understand it’s awe-inspiring. The German woman who owns the exhibit spoke on the radio a few weeks ago. Her late husband invented the plastination process. She said that when the show was in Japan, a young woman came to her and confessed that previously she had made three suicide attempts because she felt so worthless and insignificant. “Now,” she said, “after seeing how magnificently my body is created, I promise you I will never, ever again try to destroy myself.” I’m sure it will be wonderful to see. It will also be great to have part of the family with us for most of the week. I hope I’m not too disabled by the chemo scheduled for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

Yesterday the kids enjoyed hours and hours behind the boat. Today will probably be another yard work day. And reading day.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home