Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Gifts of Grace

For a long time now, I've had little to say about my health other than, "I'm feeling well." Now that there's a bit of news, I get afraid that it's boring to keep reporting on my health. Ah well....

Three big answers to prayer: The results of my Complete Metabolic Panel came back "perfectly normal." (This was to check on whether the repeated chemo is damaging organs such as liver, heart, etc. It's not. Thank the Lord.) The nurses did some creative thinking and arranged the August doctor-and-chemo appointments so we'll be free to travel to the reunion with my siblings and their spouses. Yeah! (That is, assuming no more detours occur.) And yesterday I felt so much better than the day before, it was like spring after winter. I got a fair amount of work done, in contrast to the day before.

So we continue to pray that my bone marrow is churning out new healthy white cells.

The Body Worlds exhibit was amazing. The human body is indeed a splendid work of a wise and wonderful Creator. One of the first sights upon entering the display is a huge banner quoting Psalm 8. "What are mortals that you should think of us, mere humans that you should care for us? For you made us only a little lower than God, and you crowned us with glory and honor; You put us in charge of everything you made, giving us authority over all things . . . ."

There were sobering reminders of the importance of healthy living, such as several lungs of smokers. I realize this is a common enough sight, but it's useful nevertheless. Overall, one is struck by the exquisite design that knits all our systems into a beautifully functioning organism. Another banner quoted St. Augustine: "The human body is so beautiful in its design that one might think the Creator was even more interested in beauty than in function." (That's not exact, of course, but I think it's the essence of what he said.) We were all glad we went.

I hope you have a great day.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home