Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Moment of Silence

The blank space below is a blogger’s equivalent of a moment of silence in which to pray for the thousands of families around the world still reeling from the tragic attacks of six years ago and the wars and terrorist attacks that continue until today. Lord, have mercy!








Now, after contemplating such massive suffering, I’m reluctant to talk about myself, but some of you prayed so lovingly about my chemo yesterday, so I’ll give a report. The chemo went smoothly, but with many delays; I sat in that chair for five hours. We’ve never seen the place so busy, but the nurses were, as always, wonderful. Almost all my blood count numbers have dropped, some below the “normal” level (notably white cells and hemoglobin, for infection resistance and energy respectively). Obviously, they weren’t low enough to prevent treatment. I’m hoping for better control over the side effects during the next few days.

Then we went to see the surgeon for a regular check-up. He said everything looks good from his point of view, at least until we get another tumor marker test a month from now. He’s following up on a couple of puzzling anomalies in the report from last month’s CAT scan, and will soon have a new report. I spent quite a bit of time stressing over that, so now I have hope of getting a more accurate report. (The radiologist had given a “diagnosis” that bore no relation at all to anything in his three pages of descriptive report. Also, he said I’d had my gall bladder removed, which is definitely not true. Maybe he took a coffee break midway through reading my scan. Anyway, for awhile I was sure I’d received someone else’s report entirely. I’ll be relieved to learn what mine really says.)

I think I’ll rest most of the day today. I’m set up to drink a lot and to listen to wonderful music.

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Tue Sep 11, 12:45:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Lallee said...

Carol, don't you wish gall bladder removal were as simple as the stroke of a pin? I'll be praying for correct reports for you, and and for chemo effects to be minimal. Sending hugs your way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home