Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Living the Mystery

I'm glad God has allowed me to live long enough to do some clear thinking (and serious repenting) about the selfish shallowness with which I approached most of my life. I thought I was unselfish and "right," but oh, how wrong I was! Keeping busy, smiling a lot, saying the right words--you know how we mask inner vacuums. Anyway, I'm grateful for the privilege of living and changing as life situations bring one face to face with reality. And I'm supremely grateful that God himself is with me in this journey. As Philip Yancey wrote, "Life is not a problem to be solved but a mystery to be lived. Prayer offers no ironclad guarantees, just the certain promise that we need not live that mystery alone." We are not alone!

Yesterday I accomplished everything I needed to do.

Today Chuck and I are celebrating 48 years of marriage. I'm so thankful for him.

Love,
Carol

2 Comments:

At Wed Sep 05, 09:30:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Ammie said...

Rilke and questions. I found that quote, actually heard it on a tape from Holden villiage, but am glad you have found it too. It names deep truth. I learned more about Rilke from Etty Hillisum, a Jewish writer; I call her an adult Ann Frank because she also wrote diaries during WWII and she quoted Rilke lots.
I wish the questions were easier, Carol. We do live the mystery.
Happy Anniversery. AMG

 
At Wed Sep 05, 12:06:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD! WE LOVE YOU!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home