Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, October 28, 2007

It’s almost like a resurrection--I felt so much stronger yesterday than I had the day before. I’m very thankful. I’m also thankful that we got almost 2 inches of rain in the past couple of days. We’re still in major drought conditions (13+ inches deficit for the year), but things look greener already. And I’m thankful for wonderful friends and neighbors. One of our dear friends went to the hospital Friday with chest pain (he has some stents, so it’s cause for concern). He passed his stress test yesterday and went home, so it looks like he’s okay after all. We’re grateful for this answer to prayer.

A good friend wrote about losing his friend to cancer. The writer is a deep and clear thinker, and I appreciate his words. “Fred has accomplished the hard part. We all have to go through this. But for him it is finished. Yet it’s also the beginning. I have imagined dying as crawling into a narrowing dark tunnel toward a black wall. But I have also imagined crashing through that thin veil like the Colts players burst out of the tunnel and crash through that big paper wall onto the brightly lit playing field in front of thousands of screaming fans. (Did you guess he lives in Indiana?) Through the deep, frightening darkness into glory. Is that what it’s like?”

We’ll all find out someday, won’t we? Meanwhile we live every moment by God’s grace and with our hearts full of wonder and gratitude.

Have a blessed Sunday.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home