Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, October 29, 2007

Pallet Carrying

Yesterday we heard a beautiful message about relationships, and the speaker built upon the amazing story in the Gospels of the paralyzed man whose friends carried him on his pallet to Jesus. When they found that Jesus was blocked in by crowds, they climbed to the flat roof of the house, dug a hole through the clay and dust, and lowered the pallet practically onto Jesus' lap. Jesus forgave his sins and healed his paralysis, and he WALKED out of there! "That," said the speaker, "is how God intended relationships to work." We do whatever it takes to help our friends. It seems amazing that a paralyzed person, unable to circulate in society, had at least four friends, doesn't it--one for each rope? Anyway, the story reminded me of you wonderful pallet carriers who so faithfully pray for me. I don't know why you do, but I'm inexpressibly grateful to you. (This week we're praying for the CA 125 numbers to drop from last time's 261--test Wednesday, report Thursday.)

A friend who needs sinus surgery is seeing the anesthesiologist today to decide whether it's safe to proceed to surgery with her current severe lung congestion. We're very concerned, and we're praying for God's wisdom for her.

Yesterday in my chronological Bible reading, I came upon Jesus' insistence in the Gospels that he really will come back (Mark 13, Matthew 24, and Luke 21). People love to argue and speculate about prophecy, but it seems to me the important thing is to remember and look forward to Jesus' return. I mean, he promised! He has never lied. "Keep a constant watch," he said. I find that hope highly encouraging.

I'm feeling well, and looking forward to a productive week. I hope your week will be good as well.

Love and prayers,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Mon Oct 29, 09:39:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Julie said...

That's such an amazing thought. Jesus could come back at any moment! What a wonderful day that will be! I hope it's soon.

Thanks for the reminder.

Love,

Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home