Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, November 05, 2007

Better

He was better to me than all my hopes;
Better than all my fears;
He made a bridge of my broken works,
And a rainbow of my tears.
The stormy waves on my ocean path
Did carry my Lord on their crest;
When I think how He guided my wilderness march
I can lean on His love for the rest.

This is part of an unsigned poem in "Streams in the Desert." It rings true for me.

We enjoyed a wonderful morning yesterday at Lisa's church, then drove home. You know, we all pray for safety on the highway, and it's amazing how God answers even on crowded roads and despite crazy drivers. Yesterday at dusk we came upon a large black object right in our lane; it must have fallen off a truck. The lane to our right was clear, and Chuck swerved there, giving the obstacle only a glancing hit. It doesn't look like there was any serious damage. Three other cars were pulling off to the shoulder; they must have hit it harder. We're thankful for God's protection.

I'm feeling well, looking forward to getting a lot done today before tomorrow's appointment with the oncologist. The prayer request is that both he and we will have the Lord's guidance for my next step.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home