Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, November 02, 2007

Coming to Terms

We spent yesterday coming to terms with my rising cancer numbers. Not that we found any reasons or answers, but it is the new reality. Until we see the oncologist on Tuesday morning, we won’t have any idea of the next treatment. But we’ll make sure to fully live every moment of every day, and also to fully rely on God. We’ll be spending the weekend with Lisa in Washington DC.

After posting the report on the blogsite yesterday morning, I went for a walk, listening again to some of the music my grandson Justin uploaded to my Ipod. The very first song I heard was “Homesick” by Mercy Me. You know, I think over the past few months I’ve been getting pretty attached to life here on earth again. (I DON’T mean to say that God raised my cancer numbers to punish me or teach me a lesson. I only mean to say that rising numbers can do my soul good. Remember a few weeks ago when I wrote about the bad and the good “intermingling” for our GOOD? Well, I think these numbers are bad. But the intermingling can still be good.) So here are some of the words of that song. Thanks, Justin!

I close my eyes, and I see Your face,
If home’s where my heart is,
Then I’m out of place.
Lord, won’t you give me strength to make it through somehow,
’Cause I’ve never been more homesick than now.

In Christ there are no Goodbyes,
In Christ there is no end.
So I hold on to Jesus with all that I have . . . .

Over the past couple of years, we’ve prayed for so many friends who got cancer, and God has answered our prayers. Except for the most recent cases (Fran and one other), I think all of them are now cancer-free—except me. Three basic questions: (1) How can this glorify God? (2) How can I learn/grow through it? (3) What shall I do next?

I just read a splendid idea. During World War II, an advisor to Sir Winston Churchill mobilized many people to pray for one minute at a specified time each day. Now, again, many prayer leaders are encouraging people to pause for one minute at 9:00 pm to pray for the safety of troops and civilians, for wisdom for our leaders, for terrorists’ plans to fail, and for peace. I’m often asleep by 9:00 pm, so I’m going to choose an earlier time, but I really do hope I can remember to do this. Care to join me?

I had a very good day at the office yesterday, and I’m thankful for how well the new magazine has come together. This is so much fun!

We’ll be traveling most of the day today.

Hope you have a good day.

Carol

1 Comments:

At Fri Nov 02, 07:36:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What strength - what faith! It is truly God at work to see you asking for prayers for others in the midst of your own need for those prayers. We will add that "one minute prayer" at 9pm - and we'll continue to pray for you. You are SUCH a blessing to so many people!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home