Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Grateful

By God's kindness, we had a safe and pleasant trip home yesterday--no bad weather or traffic, no car trouble, no delays. We are grateful. And I'm glad for today: I'm feeling well, and I don't have to face chemo until tomorrow. I'll get blood drawn this morning for a CA 125 test, and then I'll go to work. If the blood test shows any encouragement at all, then I'll get another chemo infusion tomorrow morning. And we'll keep praying for the cancer to retreat.

Several months ago, a friend sent the words of an old hymn by M. Peters, and I printed her email. As I was sorting some papers, I found it again. It's wonderfully encouraging.

Through the love of God our Savior
All will be well
Free and changeless is His favor
All, all is well
Precious is the blood that healed me
Perfect is the grace that sealed me
Strong the hand stretched out to shield me
All must be well.

I expect a bright tomorrow
All will be well
Faith can sing through days of sorrow
All, all is well
On our Father's love relying
Jesus every need supplying
Or in living or in dying
All must be well.

It's been difficult to get a good online connection, so we're very behind in reading our emails; soon we'll answer those that need a response. I hope soon to get organized enough to share a couple of photographs here from our wonderful time together at the lake. Words fail to describe how blessed we were to have all the family with us, and to celebrate Christ's resurrection together. Thanks to you all who prayed for us.

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Wed Mar 26, 07:38:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Jake Sinko said...

Gram- Thanks sooo much for your note and encouraging words! It was awesome to get it :) And I see you guys had a wonderful time at the lake :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home