Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, March 16, 2008

What if I don't?

I was reading Matthew's account of the final week before Jesus' death. After he rode in to Jerusalem on a donkey to the praising shouts of the crowd, He went into the temple. The religious leaders were already looking for a chance to have Him killed, but He did nothing to calm them down. First He drove out the greedy merchants from the temple property. Then, Matthew 21: 14 says, "The blind and the lame came to him, and he healed them there in the temple." This further incensed the hypocritical leaders, who didn't permit handicapped people inside the temple. I thought about those who were healed. For many, it was probably their last chance for a personal touch from Jesus. Even though it added fuel to the fires stoking for His death, He healed them anyway. I wonder if He ever asked Himself, "What will happen to me if I do this?"

That reminded me of a statement by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. This isn't an accurate quote, but you get the idea: he said we should not ask what will happen to us if we do the right thing, but rather we should ask what will happen to the people in need if we fail to help them. I wonder how often fear or self-protection has caused me, like the priest and the Levite, to pass by on the other side of the road from the wounded traveler, rather than stop to help like the Good Samaritan.

We're feeling well and have enjoyed a wonderful Sunday.

The lake is still mostly frozen, but our two swans are out, either walking on the ice, flying overhead, or swimming in the open water near their nest. We have a bluebird staking his claim to the bluebird house.

Blessings,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Mon Mar 17, 09:50:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your comment on obedience reminded of something I heard that made a profound impact on me. It is:

"God is responsible for the consequences of our obedience".

Freeing, isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home