Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Heading out

Chuck’s foot is much better (also the rest of him). We’re so thankful, and we appreciate all the loving notes and prayers. We’ll be leaving in a few minutes for a 12-hour drive to our place in Indiana. As the week goes on, the family will be arriving gradually, until we’re a total of 16 for Saturday and Sunday. We are so blessed.

A friend sent two encouraging quotes, the first from Brother Lawrence:
“You need not cry very loud; He is nearer to us than we think.”

And Psalm 34:19 (The Living Bible)
“The good man does not escape all troubles—he has them too. But the Lord helps him in each and every one.” I know so many really good people who seem bombarded by trouble; it’s comforting to realize that the Lord helps them through it all.

Both of our Liberian friends are now home from the hospital. As grim as things looked, this is truly an answer to prayer. His need for a heart transplant continues, with all the details that attend that process.

I’m feeling really well. Our designer in Florida finished and uploaded the magazine layout for me at 4:50 pm today, after several delays. I’ll do the proofreading tomorrow as we travel, and will send corrections, if needed, by email. It looks beautiful.

As I was waking up this morning, Hebrews 7:25 came to my mind--a breath-taking and practical outcome of Easter: "Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them." Thank God!

I’ll be back in touch as soon as possible.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home