Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A hard bump

Chuck learned yesterday afternoon that the big hole in his cheek isn't big enough; it was cancer and the margins aren't clean. He forgot to ask what kind of skin cancer it is. He'll see the surgeon tomorrow and then we'll be able to report on the next steps. We are grateful for your prayers, and for the peace God gives.

Over a year ago, I began wearing a cross almost every day as a reminder to myself and to all who see me that my only hope for this life and the next is Jesus Christ and the work He did on the cross. The other day I found a statement by John Stott, former rector of All Souls Church in London. "I could never myself believe in God, if it were not for the cross. . . . In the real world of pain, how could one worship a God who was immune to it?"

He is not. He lived our life and died our death, and even before He died in anguish on the cross, He wept with those who were grieving. The one constant theme in all accounts of Christians under pressure is this: God is especially near at times of greatest pain. There are times so dark that they can't do a thing to "hold on" to Him, but He carries them nevertheless. This is our hope, whatever lies ahead.

I'm working full days this week, and feeling well. This morning I'll get blood drawn for a CA 125 test. Tomorrow morning we should get the report after that blog is posted. I'll add the report when I get it, because I know so many are watching for it.

Blessings for your day,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home